Monday, December 16, 2013

A Minute of Inspiration: The Power of Thought

During the month of October, each person at my office sent out an inspirational quote and article to share with the rest of the company. A wonderful idea initiated by my boss, each of us were exposed to a variety of inspiring projects, videos, quotes, articles and movies.

As we move into the new year and start to think about our new year's resolutions, I wanted to share the email that I shared with my co-workers. 

I hope you find some inspiration in it:



BE
“Watch your thoughts for they become words.
Watch your words for they become actions.
Watch your actions for they become habits.
Watch your habits for they become your character.
And watch your character for it becomes your destiny."

I've seen this quote credited to everyone from Margaret Thatcher to Ralph Waldo Emerson to Lao Tse. The first person to bestow this eye-opening gem upon me was my Dad. So in this case-- I credit him. 

READ
What we think, and how we think; we become. 

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it." When is the last time that you've paid attention to that voice in your head? Just passively listened to your own internal dialogue? Is it constructive? Destructive? Negative? Positive? With all of the noise in our lives, it's good to check in every now and then. I strongly believe (and often forget) that each of our thoughts plays a role in shaping our lives…for better or worse. 

How you think and act is what you attract. 

With that I'll share this article from www.marcandangel.com, "60 Quotes that Will Change the Way You Think.I find these quotes to be uplifting and inspirational, I hope that you do, too.

LISTEN
There is one last thing I'd like to leave you with for when you have 30 minutes to listen to a good story. Here is a link to an episode of my favorite podcast, This American Life. "Hit The Road" is the true story of Andrew Foresthoefel, who at 23 years old walked across America with a 50 pound backpack, a mandolin, and a sign that said, walking to listen. This podcast is about his personal journey and the life stories and lessons from those he met along the way.

Love & Light,
Maria

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...