Monday, November 3, 2008

The BIG Day!

Sierra and I.

Brunch at Farmer Brown's after the Race.

Momo, Olivia and Blake, my support team :)





4.40a, up and getting ready. Why, why soooo early!

The race was amazing.
$510 raised for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
I came in 39th out of 240 women and 45th place overall!!!
Runtime: 1 hour and 2 minutes

The Half Marathoners started at 7.00a. The 10K Division started at 7.30a. During the first mile, we turned onto the Marina Green and a huge double rainbow spanned the sky. It rained a bit, but it was refreshing more than anything.

Thinking about all the kids at St. Jude's and everyone that supported me for this event kept me going. The supporters that lined our route and rallied us on; yelling our names, beating pots and pans, shouting words of encouragement were so amazing and a blessing to have. This was the first time I ran the whole distance without stopping to walk a bit. Just when I thought I'd had enough and would HAVE to stop for a second, someone would yell something and I would push myself even harder.

Fundraising continues on for another 4 weeks post-race.
www.stjudeheroes.org/users/speranza

Photos from the race can be seen here:
www.ushalf.com

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for all the love and well wishes!!!!!!

That we were all able to come together to help the children at St. Jude's is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...