Friday, October 10, 2008

Training for the 10K/St. Jude's Fundraiser Post 02 - Views from my Run

Today was the first day it felt like Fall. It was such a beautiful day.










I knew there had to be better way to display my running times and distance.

All of these are taken from from an interesting motivational article I found on Runner's World:
..
In 1949, 9-year-old Wilma Rudolph learned to walk without leg braces after suffering from polio and spending most of her first years in bed. Rudolph went on to win three gold medals in the 1960 Olympics..
.."A lot of people run a race to see who's fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." --Steve Prefontaine..
..Exercise improves sexual performance, according to research. Nuff said...
.."If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it." --Priscilla Welch, who won the 1987 New York City Marathon at age 42..
..Every mile you run burns roughly 100 calories..


Today was my third day training for this 10k on Nov.02nd.
Before I decided to do this, which was last Saturday the 04th, I was running about 2.5-3 miles three to four times a week, and in no way pushing myself outside my comfort zone. A stop here, a walk there...you get the picture.

I considered the Half Marathon, but 13 miles, and only 1 month to train, yeah, baby steps...I always forget to start with baby steps. So the 10k it was.

The way I see it, if I can add a mile on per week, I should be good on the day of the 10k.

4 Miles this week, accomplished.
5 Miles by next Friday,
6 Miles by the 24th
and 6.5 to 7 by the 31st, Halloween.

Aside from the expected shin splince, I'm feeling pretty confident right now. My ribs hurt for some odd reason. Is it the cold? I'm a breathing too hard? Is my damn sports bra too tight?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...