Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Training for the 10K/St. Jude's Fundraiser Post 01

In case you didn't receive an email from me, I'm running in the women's 10k category of the US Half Marathon in San Francisco on November 02nd. It's 6.2miles. All proceeds that I raise go to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so far, I'm up to $150. I set a goal of $500. Bad time to do a fundraiser, I know. But trust, there are kids out there that have it worse than you.

The money raised will help St. Jude help kids from all over the world who have cancer, AIDS, sickle cell and other catastrophic diseases.

I'm going to keep track of my progress here.

I've been sick the last couple of days, but made my first run on Monday.
distance: 3.4 miles
time: i forgot

Tonight:
distance: 4.7 miles
time: 48 minutes

Any bit you can contribute will be much appreciated.
www.stjudeheroes.org/users/speranza

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...