Sunday, January 6, 2008

Home is good.

I am so happy to be home.

Two months ago, leaving San Francisco, I thought, "Later bitches, I'm up out of this!" A week ago, I begged San Francisco to have me back. I missed her. I missed my friends. I missed the quality of life we are given the opportunity to live here. We are truly spoiled. Ranging in diversity, we have the best food, music, fashion, people :)

The past week, I have felt like a tourist. Out just about every night, doing different things, going to different places, visiting with all my friends I've missed so much. That said, here is a little re-cap of my weekend.

Slide. Ambassador. Vessel. Nopa (awesome place to eat, slightly older crowd, the service was great, the wine was amazing, and the food...try the warm olives;). Impala. Mas Sake. Gallery Three to see my good friend and wonderful artist, Erik Otto. Hustler Club (this is what happens when I hang out with Jason and Hugo). Dance Mission (this new West African dance class Im taking is awesome). Ocean Beach. Rainbow Grocery (did I already go on and on about what great food options we are given in San Francisco?)

It's true, never stay in one place for too long, you'll stop growing. But there's nothing wrong with returning, once you've grown to realize what you had.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Timothy Mercer said...

I'm glad that you like my posts. I'd like to have more up, you know, but I've been excedingly busy with my grad school applications. It's insane the staggaring amounts of bullshit you have to go through just to be considered. I had to go in person to my old universities to gather my transcripts, and since I live in Texas, just going to the other end of the state takes the entire day. With work on top of that, I really start to wonder where I'm supposed to find time to jump through all these hoops.

Check this. On an interesting note, Dan, the wine buyer at work-I'm technically his assistant-got an offer from some guy in Cali to work as executive staff for this new chain of wine stores. They have a meeting in two weeks, and if Dan gets the job, he's gonna put in a request that we work together. So if things go really well, I may end up getting to travel a little bit. At least make it out to Cali. I'm really stoked about the opportunity, in case the whole Grad school thing doesn't work out. I seriously hope I get into a good school, but if not, living in California might be pretty damn cool, too.

You should shoot me an e-mail. Let me know how you are doing.

lalo said...

Maria you are full of Grace! I (h)you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...